These Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies are insanely good + these are Vegan, Nut Free, GF, Dairy Free, & Refined Sugar Free!
- 1 Cup GF Rolled Oats (i use bob’s red mill)
- 3/4 cup creamy tahini (Soom Foods or Once Again are my faves)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (then cooled)
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- dash pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 (do not forget this step to save you time once ingredients mixed)
- Make 2 vegan flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water) and let sit while you mix other ingredients.
Mix WET & DRY ingredients SEPARATELY:
- WET: mix 3/4 cup tahini + 1.5 tsp vanilla extract + 3 tbsp melted (in microwave) & cooled coconut oil* + 2 vegan flax eggs (once thickened)
DRY: mix 1 cup GF oats + 1/3 cup coconut sugar + 1 tsp baking soda
- Pour dry ingredients into wet bowl and mix thoroughly. The texture should be moist & gooey and sticking together with ease. If not, try adding a touch more water and tahini.
- Fold in 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Use normal spoon to scoop into even sized balls, and spread 2-3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for ~12-13 minutes until golden.
- Cool & enjoy!
*Vegan Flax Eggs: mix 2 tbsp ground flax meal + 6 tbsp water. let sit for 5 min to thicken. 1:1 sub ratio to eggs in recipes.
You can sub another nut butter of your choice in exchange for tahini, but the tahini takes these to a next level!
Since these are vegan, you can enjoy the mix without baking but I personally am a fan of gooey, freshly baked cookies.
Store in airtight container. These will last 1-2 weeks (if you can make it that long without demolishing)
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert