These easy Zoodle Egg nests are Paleo, Whole-30 approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and flat out delicious. Full of protein & greens, and serve with sliced avocado for the perfect addition of healthy fats.
Ingredients you Need:
- 1-2 Zucchinis (option to mix yellow and green colors)
- 1 Organic Avocado
- 2 Pasture-Raised Eggs (I use Vital Farms)
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Pepper flakes
To spiralize your veggies, you can also use one of the following of my favorite tools to create your own veggie noodles:
- Veggetti ($10 on Amazon)
- Handheld Spiralizer ($15 on Amazon – Personal Fave)
- Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer ($21 on Amazon)
- Veggie Co. Zucchini Spirals (Often found in Whole Foods or Target)
Spiralize zucchini and shape into nests with center pocket on baking sheet sprayed with avocado oil (option to sub olive or other choice of oil).
Crack pasture-raised eggs into center pocket. Season with Himalayan pink salt + cracked pepper.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until fully cooked. ENJOY!
Save on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
ZOODLE EGG NESTS w/ sliced avo ??? (inspo by @starinfinitefood & @the_bananadiaries) ? directions: use spiralizer to make zoodles & shape into nests with a center pocket for egg. crack egg into center & season with pink salt + pepper. bake on foil lined pan at 350 for ~15 min until egg is fully cooked. serve with sliced avocado sprinkled with hemp seeds for extra protein ? have a great day everyone!! #thefitdelish #feedfeed #zoodles #realfood #f52grams #wholefoods
Zoodle Egg Nests with Sliced Avocado
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
Zoodle Egg Nests are the perfect way to start your day – plus they are super easy to whip up. Just spiralize zucchini and create a nest for the yolk. Crack the yolk into the center and bake at 350 for ~15 minutes.
- 1–2 Zucchinis
- 2 Pasture Raised Eggs
- Pepper Flakes
- Avocado Oil
- Spiralize zucchinis using your favorite spiralizer tool
- Cover baking pan with foil
- Shape zoodles into nests on baking pan
- Drizzle avocado oil on zoodle nests
- Crack pasture-raised eggs into pockets
- Sprinkle nests with pink salt & pepper flakes
- Bake at 350 for ~15 minutes.
You can substitute other vegetable noodles in place of zuchhini for an equally delicious breakfast. Some of my faves are sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Make sure to tag @thefitdelish if you try this recipe out & let me know what you think!
Also be sure to check out other Whole-30 breakfast ideas you might love!
- Butternut Squash Egg Nests
- 15 Healthy Breakfasts in 10 Min or Less
- Oven Baked, Whole-30 Sweet Potato Toast (GF)
- Whole-30 Sweet Potato Waffles