The following is my ultimate Arlington, VA Food Guide for every occasion from first dates to bottomless brunch along with my top healthy picks & favorite spots for different types of food. I have lived in Arlington for the past 4 years now and had a blast pulling together all of my favorite places I have tried & loved!
Top Healthy Picks:
Best Bottomless Brunch:
- Buena Vida – $35 bottomless food & drinks pp – make sure to try the huevos rancheros and chilaquiles. Best for large groups, birthdays, surprises, etc.
- Pamplona – $35 bottomless food & drinks. Tapas style with outdoor seating. Try the spanish tortilla, avocado toast, and potatas bravas.
- Baba – $29 bottomless food & drinks. Mediterranean themed buffet style with a lot of variety of options. Great spot to disconnect as there is no service downstairs. Try the Burek, Baba’s Perfect Bowl, along with the variety of options at the buffet.
- Cava Mezze – $35 bottomless food & drinks. Great spot for meat lovers. Try the biscuits & honey, village frittata, and brussel sprouts benedict.
Best Date Spots:
- First Date (casual drinks + apps):
- Buena Vida Rooftop (drinks + apps only)
- Cutest rooftop (top left photo below) & cocktails. No reservation needed.
- Don Tito Rooftop
- Great happy hour options and the nachos are delish!
- Courthaus Social
- Great for a casual beer – especially in the warmer months with outdoor seating.
- The Lot – summer & fall only
- Casual picnic tables with variety of drink options.
- Chill, casual spot to grab a beer and appetizer
- Buena Vida Rooftop (drinks + apps only)
- Second-Third Date:
- Sit down restaurant with solid food options. Try the tuna tartare or seared scallops.
- Fun spot to order a few plates to share. Try the croquetas, brussel sprouts, and gambas al ajillo (shrimp).
- Sushi Rock
- For the sushi lovers. Outdoor seating for warm months but the indoor seating is also nice. Try the rainbow roll or salmon lover roll.
- Barley Mac
- Great food and outdoor seating for warm months. Try the truffle mac ‘n cheese or sea bass.
- Fireworks Pizza
- Amazing pizza with a cozy vibe. Try the buffalo chicken and RT (pesto) flatbreads.
- Barley Mac – American comfort food located in Rosslyn with healthy options and a specialty liquor menu. $18-$30 entrees.
- District Taco – Mexican restaurant in Rosslyn offering tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc. Try the chicken tacos. ~$10 per item.
- Tupelo Honey – Southern comfort food in Clarendon with a twist. $11-$30 entrees.
- Cava Mezze – Greek restaurant in Clarendon with vegan & gluten free options. $11-$18 entree. Must try the saganaki (flaming cheese)!
- Ambar – Mediterranean restaurant in Clarendon with $35 bottomless option. ~$9-13 entrees a la carte.
- Buena Vida – Mexican Restaurant in Clarendon with 3 stories. Try the second floor for the best sit down meal and $35 bottomless small plates option. Must try the guacamole and chicken enchiladas.
- Pamplona – Spanish Tapas in Clarendon offering small & large plates + paella. Some must try are the croquetas, patatas bravas, and pan con tomate.
- Mala Tang – A hidden hot pot gem in Ballston. Great for groups around 5-6 people with rotating turn table options. Can choose hot or spicy pot and best to order a variety of meats & vegetables for the table. ~$35pp depending on how much is ordered.
- Ambar – Chic ambiance with green canopy in restaurant. Great to bring your girlfriends for bottomless brunch.
- Buena Vida – Trendy interior and the cutest rooftop. Perfect for nice summer days to grab an app and cocktail.
Best On-The Go
- CAVA – Mediterranean to-go bowls with pita. Try their chocolate chip cookies – SO GOOD!
- South Block – On-the go acai bowls & smoothies. Can order ahead of time to pick up.
- Sweet Green – Healthy salad bowls that are customizable and ready in just a few minutes. Can order online for pick-up.
- Roti – Healthy Mediterranean bowls with kabob options. Try the rice with salmon kabobs.
Best Hidden Gem:
- Mala Tang – One of my favorite secret finds in the Ballston area. Our friends love going here and this is such a fun spot with a larger group (~5-6 people).
- South Block – Considering South Block has made the list twice already then you know the love is real. They offer a variety of base bowls with fun toppings for every personal preference.
- Vitality Bowls – Located in Rosslyn this spot has a variety of smoothie bowls that are delish! Less aesthetically pleasing for an Instagram but they taste amazing.
- Fireworks Pizza – Amazing flatbreads in Courthouse. Great for a date night or night out with friends!
- Bronx Pizza – The best spot for drunk pizza after the bars in Clarendon. Huge slices with dipping sauces available.
& that is a wrap on my Ultimate Arlington, VA Food Guide! Be sure to check out my guide to a perfect 24 hours in DC Next! Hope you enjoy and let me know which places you end up trying out!