This PALEO Sweet Potato Casserole is the perfect dish for the holidays. This was my contribution to Friendsgiving and it was a hit! This is fairly simple to whip up and tastes delicious! The base is dairy free, refined sugar free, and gluten free. The pecan topping adds a nice crisp to the casserole and made of all real ingredients with no refined sugar and dairy free.
Sweet potato base:
How to make Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Peel off skin and chop sweet potato into large cubes
- Bring water with sprinkled cinnamon & pink salt (optional) to a boil.
- Bring water to a simmer and cook potato for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Mash potato with 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1 egg, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, and dash of pink salt.
- Spread sweet potato mix evenly in casserole dish.
- Mix ingredients for the pecan topping in separate bowl.
- Sprinkle pecan topping evenly over sweet potato mix.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 45 min
- Cool and serve immediately
- ENJOY Print
Other Sweet Potato Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Sausage & Gnocchi Skillet
- Sweet Potato Waffles – Whole-30, Paleo, Gluten-Free
- Oven Baked, Whole-30 Sweet Potato Toast – Gluten-Free Breakfast
Hope you love this Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole as much as we did! Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try this recipe out.