I’ve been dying to break out my new donut pan, and these Paleo Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip BANANA BREAD donuts were the most perfect way to break this in. Made with simple ingredients + these healthy donuts are paleo, GF, dairy-free, and so DELICIOUS. You just need 10 minutes of prep & 15 minutes of bake time to have healthy breakfast donuts ready to go for a busy work week.
Healthy ingredients you need to make these amazing Paleo Banana Bread Donuts:
- 2 spotty bananas
- Flax Meal
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Baking powder
- Pink Salt
- Coconut Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Almond Flour
- Dark Chocolate Chips
How to make a FLAX EGG to keep these cookies VEGAN:
Instead of eggs, I used the flax meal substitute. To make your very own flax egg simply mix:
1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water = 1 flax egg
Let this sit for at LEAST 5 min to thicken prior to mixing in & voilà! You have your vegan egg substitute. These use to intimidate me in baking, but they are incredibly simple to make and only require 5 minutes of your patience.
**1:1 substitute for eggs in any recipe**
How to Make these Paleo Banana Bread Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 (do not forget this step to save you time once ingredients mixed)
- Make 2 vegan flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water) and let sit while you mix other ingredients.
- Mix WET & DRY ingredients SEPARATELY:
- Pour dry ingredients into wet bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pour mix evenly into coconut oil (melted) lined donut pan and push out mix from centers.
- Bake at 350 for ~15 minutes until golden.
- Cool & top off with peanut butter + melted chocolate drizzle!
Hope you try & love as much as I do! Be sure to tag @thefitdelish if you try these paleo banana bread donuts out. Make sure to also check out this tahini banana bread or paleo chocolate walnut banana bread next!