Stop what you’re doing and whip up these 3-layer PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE BARS. I whipped these up back in February for a decadent Valentines treat, and can’t believe I’m just sharing because they turned out seriously AMAZING. Each bite was the perfect mix of textures & flavors. These healthy bars are gluten free, dairy free, and vegan.
I have SUCH a sweet tooth, so I am all for creating healthier alternatives to satisfy the cravings. These are the most decadent gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free 3-layer bars with all of my favorite ingredients including Paleo baking flour, creamy peanut butter, and Date Nectar.
Date Nectar is one of my favorite all natural sweeteners to use, with clean ingredients and a delicious way to sweeten your treats naturally. It is a 1:1 alternative to honey/maple syrup with significantly less sugar and made with 100% organic dates.
I was inspired to whip these up with the Valentines treats going around, so I was desperate to create an equally delicious healthy alternative. These have the perfect balance of Chocolate & Peanut Butter on a Paleo shortbread crust. Let’s just say these did not last long in our home!
You only need SIX ingredients to whip these healthy Peanut Butter Fudge Bars up:
Tools You Need:
If you want to try these out you will need an 8×8 square baking pan. The baking part for the shortbread crust only take about 15 minutes, but you will need additional time to harden the remaining two layers in the freezer (about 15 min each round).
Other Treats you will LOVE:Print
Triple-Layer Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Diet: Vegan
You only need 6-ingredients to whip up these grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free 3-layer bars. These are the perfect treat when all of your sugar cravings hit and you are seeking a healthier alternative.
Paleo Base (Bottom Layer)
- 1.5 cups Paleo Baking Flour (Bob’s Red Mill is my fave)
- 1/3 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup Date Nectar (D’Vash is the best – can sub with maple syrup)
Peanut Butter Fudge Layer (Middle)
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup Coconut Oil
Chocolate Layer (Top)
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Lily’s)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mix Base layer ingredients until fully mixed.
- Pour evenly into 8X10 baking pan glazed with coconut oil.
- Bake for ~15-20 minutes until golden.
- While the bottom layer baking, mix in separate bowl the Peanut Butter Layer ingredients.
- Once cooled from the oven, spread the middle Peanut Butter Layer evenly on top.
- Freeze for ~15 minutes until hardened.
- In microwave melt chocolate layer ingredients for ~1 minute (stir to fully melt).
- Evenly spread on top of hardened fudge layer.
- Freeze until hardened.
- Remove from freezer & slice into squares.
- Store in fridge for ~5-7 days or about 2 months in freezer & ENJOY!
- You can sub maple syrup for the D’vash date nectar if not in pantry.
- Store in fridge for immediate devouring, or freezer for long term last.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 37 minutes
Keywords: peanut butter fudge bars
Please share & tag @thefitdelish if you try these triple layer peanut butter fudge bars out! I hope you LOVE!