Easy Healthy Breakfast Pizza made with Arugula, Pesto, Sliced Tomatoes, Pasture-Raised Eggs, & Sprinkled Hemp Seeds/Pepper Flakes. Ready in just 20 minutes and a protein-packed gluten free breakfast perfect for 2 (or save for leftovers!) Obsessed with this combo for a savory, healthy brunch. Just use your favorite pre-made healthy crust (I used Banza’s NEW Chickpea Pizza Crust – so perfectly crisp and doesn’t fall apart!) and top off with all the goods. Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, and packed with protein.
Ingredients You NEED for this Healthy Breakfast Pizza:
- 1 Pizza Crust (I used Banza’s Chickpea Plain Crust)
- Pesto (I used Trader Joe’s Cashew Kale – my fave!)
- 1 Large Tomato
- 3 Pasture Raised Eggs
- Hemp Seeds (optional)
- Pepper Flakes (optional)
What Do You Need to Make the Breakfast Pizza?
This recipe is SO easy and doesn’t require many tools in the kitchen. I plopped my crust straight on the oven rack but you can also place your breakfast pizza on a pizza stone for mess free baking. You will also need a pizza slicer once baked to serve!
Step By Step Instructions to Whip up this Healthy Pizza in NO time:
- Pull out your pre-made crust and get ready to top! Keep close to the oven or pizza stone to pop in as the yolks can be a bit messy.
- Slice up your tomatoes using your favorite sharp tomato knife.
- Smear your pesto sauce all over the crust. I got generous with my pesto so that it is full of flavor!
- Add the sliced tomatoes evenly on top.
- Sprinkle fresh arugula over the tomatoes leaving pockets to crack the eggs into the centers.
- Crack your pasture-raised eggs into the center pockets (caution transferring to pizza stone or oven as they can get runny!)
Bake at 400 for ~14-16 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
Can I save for leftovers?
If you plan to save for leftovers I would recommend cooking the pizza alone without the eggs and then topping upon serving with a fried egg or two. Leftover eggs is not ideal and would recommend serving your eggs fresh on top of the pizza!
Can I add additional toppings?
Feel free to add any other toppings your heart desires! Get creative with it 🙂 Some other toppings that would be delicious on this healthy breakfast pizza are feta (if not dairy-free), pine nuts, and sun-dried tomatoes! You could also try swapping the arugula for spinach if you have that on hand.
Other Healthy Breakfasts You Will LOVE:
- Butternut Squash Egg Nests| Paleo, Whole-30 Approved, Gluten-Free
- 15 Healthy Breakfasts in 10 Min or Less
- Oven Baked, Whole-30 Sweet Potato Toast – Gluten-Free Breakfast