Add this healthy Chocolate Chip Tahini Banana Bread to your list of baking recipes to try out. Made with a paleo base that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. I even snuck some collagen in for those gut, skin and hair benefits!
After trying some Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies in SF (check out my SF guide for reference), I knew that I wanted to experiment more with tahini in the kitchen! It is such a fun alternative to use especially to appeal to those with any nut allergies.
I played around with my Paleo Banana Bread recipe and modified it to incorporate tahini and it turned out insanely delicious! I love whipping up a batch to have for breakfast or when I am craving something sweet.
What is Tahini?
For any of you not familiar with TAHINI, this is a great nut free alternative made of ground SESAME SEEDS. I am a huge fan of tahini, and incorporate it into many recipes like these Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip TAHINI Cookies or drizzled over a warm veggie packed buddha bowl. Not all tahini is created equal, and Soom Foods is one of my favorite brands to bake with, made with 100% pressed Ethiopian White Humera sesame seeds. If you have never cooked with tahini before, I highlyyy recommend you try it sometime – the sooner the better since you will never question how you waited so long to try this amazingly versatile ingredient.
Here’s what you will need to make this insanely good banana bread:
- 2 Spotty Bananas – the spottier the better! This loads the bananas with extra flavor to bring out in your bread.
- 2 Eggs – I highly recommend using ethically raised, organic pasture-raised eggs to maximize the nutritional benefit
- 1/3 cup tahini – This gives your bread a nice flavor without overloading the bread with nuts
- 1/8 cup maple syrup – A natural, healthy sweetener – I recommend organic syrup that is 100% maple syrup with no additives
- 1/4 cup coconut flour – a soft flour made from dried coconut meat that is a great healthy flour to use when baking
- 3/4 cup almond flour – option to sub oat or whole wheat flour if you have a nut allergy
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (vital proteins is one of my faves!) I love sneaking collagen in for gut, skin, hair, and nail benefits + adding in extra protein
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips – To add that chocolatey, gooey flavor to your bread. Exclude if trying to keep sugar levels lower or use 100% cacao chocolate chips.
- In large mixing bowl smash the spotty bananas.
- Stir in remainder of wet ingredients: eggs, tahini, and maple syrup.
- In separate bowl mix dry ingredients: coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and collagen.
- Pour dry ingredients into the bowl with your wet mix.
- Stir thoroughly and mix in dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Pour mix into loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips (optional). Feel free to add any other toppings your heart desires!
- Bake mix at 350 degrees for ~45-50 min until golden and baked through.
- Cool, slice, & ENJOY!
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out other Banana recipes you will LOVE:
- Paleo Banana Bread Donuts|Vegan, GF, Dairy-Free
- VEGAN Chocolate Chip PB BANANA BREAD
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Skillet
- PALEO CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD (Vegan, Nut-Free)
- healthy chocolate walnut BANANA BREAD – paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free
Hope you love! Make sure to tag @thefitdelish if you try this recipe out!