This Kale Pesto Spaghetti Squash Boat is an easy paleo dinner for busy weeknights. This healthy dinner is made with cashew kale pesto, sundried tomatoes, and Al Fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage (protein packed and easy to make)! This dish is also Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, and Low Carb!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Handful of Organic Kale (I prefer destemmed but can cook to your preference)
- ~5 Chopped Sundried Tomatoes (can add more or less to taste)
- 1 Package of Sundried Tomato Al Fresco Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Kale Pesto
- Dash of Avocado Oil
- Sprinkle of Pink Salt
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of Hemp Seeds
- Chop spaghetti squash in half using your Chef’s Knife. This step can be challenging so be careful when slicing and make sure you have an extra sharp knife!
- Drizzle avocado oil over the squash and sprinkle with pink salt.
- Place squash halves face down on baking pan and bake at 400 for ~40 minutes.
- Let squash cool, scoop out center, and begin to use fork to shred squash.
- Mix the ‘spaghetti’ with your ~1/2 cup of the cashew kale pesto (I purchased mine from Trader Joe’s and you can mix with any pesto you have on hand)!
- Slice your package of Al Fresco chicken sausage into coins. Saute on medium heat skillet with avocado oil with a handful of kale. Season with a dash of pink salt and garlic powder.
- Mix in chopped sundried tomatoes, chicken sausage, and kale into the pesto spaghetti squash.
- Serve mix in your squash ‘bowl’. Top off with sprinkled hemp seeds (for extra protein) and ENJOY!
You can meal prep your spaghetti squash ahead of time for a quick 5 minute weeknight dinner!
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Category: Healthy Dinner
Keywords: spaghetti squash, kale pesto, spaghetti squash boat