These BUTTERNUT SQUASH EGG NESTS are such a fun whole-30 approved fall breakfast mix-up. I love butternut squash and love finding ways to incorporate it into recipes. One of my favorite whole-30 approved, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, and sugar-free ways to start the day packed with protein and healthy fats.
I’ve been playing around with zoodle egg nests for a while and love how fancy they look while not being too complicated to whip up. I purchased my butternut squash noodles pre-spiralized which saved me time in the kitchen.
You can either buy your butternut squash pre-spiralized or use one of the following of my favorite tools to create your own veggie noodles:
- Veggetti ($10 on Amazon)
- Handheld Spiralizer ($15 on Amazon – Personal Fave)
- Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer ($21 on Amazon)
- Veggie Co. Noodled Butternut Noodles (Often found in Whole Foods or Target)
What is fun about this breakfast combo is that you can mix it up with other veggies such as sweet potato, zucchini, parsnip, spaghetti squash, etc. and they all turn out so yum!
View this post on Instagram
bringing back these BUTTERNUT SQUASH EGG NESTS ??? makes your breakfast look 10000x fancier + they taste AMAZE ???paleo, gluten-free, keto friendly, grain-free, & whole-30 approved ✔️ directions: form squash noodles into nests, crack pasture-raised eggs into center, season with s&p + pepper flakes. bake at 350 for ~15 min on foil lined pan coated with olive oil. serve with sliced avo sprinkled w/ hemp seeds?✨HAPPY FRIDAY? #thefitdelish #feedfeed #eggnests #paleofood #realfood #f52grams #wholefoods #buzzfeast
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with avocado oil.
- Shape butternut squash noodles into nests
- Crack pasture-raised eggs into center
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes
- Serve with sliced avocado with sprinkled hemp seeds
Make sure to tag @thefitdelish if you try this recipe out & let me know what you think!