Bored at home and need some baking inspo? Look no further than this Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Skillet. Made with simple, clean ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes for healthy breakfast all week.
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 vegan flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 cup GF oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 scoop collagen
- Dash cinnamon
- Coconut Oil
Vegan Flax Egg
**To make this loaf vegan I use flax eggs. You can substitute eggs with a 1:1 ratio. To make 2 vegan flax eggs mix: 2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water. Let sit for ~5 minutes to thicken.
- Immersion Blender – I use the Kitchen Aid which is super handy to quickly blend items in the kitchen. You can still make this recipe without an immersion blender, but this will speed up the process.
- Cast Iron Skillet – Le Creuset is my favorite skillet I own + dishwasher safe. They have a variety of color options which adds a nice touch to your dish!
- Mixing Bowls
- Make vegan flax egg by mixing 2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water (allow to sit at least 5 min before mixing)
- Use immersion blender, mix wet ingredients until fully blended.
- Mix in vegan flax egg after ~5 minutes have passed
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Pour dry into wet and mix thoroughly
- Pour mix into coconut oil lined cast iron skillet
- Top off with banana coins & sprinkled dark chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for ~25 minutes until golden
As always tag @thefitdelish if you try this recipe out & lmk what you think!