The following is a roundup of 20 Social Distancing Activities to Stay Sane during this difficult time. I know it can be challenging to feel confined to one space during the entire day, so the following activities are ideas to pursue that side hustle you’ve been dreaming about but haven’t found the time, or that side project that you’ve been putting off indefinitely.
As many others have expressed, Covid-19 has been such an unnerving experience. I have struggled knowing how to voice my thoughts during this time without being insensitive, but also trying to maintain a sense of normalcy during this strange time. Sending so much love to everyone who has been hit hard due to this silent but deadly virus. I know times are tough now for many of you, and maybe not as hard for others, but all we can do is continue to stick together and stay positive. Know that this too will pass and we must do our part in the short run to prevent this from escalating as it has in other countries.
Hope you enjoy this roundup of 20 Social Distancing Activities & let me know if you try any out!
1. Bake Healthy Treats
A few of my favorite healthy treats include:
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Healthy Tahini Banana Bread
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Layer PB Fudge Bars
2. Solve a Puzzle
There is something so therapeutic about working through a puzzle. Every family vacation we go on, we always have a puzzle project to tackle by the end of our trip, and it is a fun way to bring everyone together and accomplish a challenge. The following are a few I liked on Amazon:
3. Home Workouts
- CorePower Yoga is offering free yoga/sculpt classes on demand to everyone on their website and looking into testing out live stream classes.
- Many fitness trainers offer at home workouts. A few of my favorites include RachaelsGoodEats, Melissa Wood Health, and Katie Austin.
4. Make a TikTok
TikTok has taken off and is a highly entertaining/addicting app full of trending videos, dances, challenges, etc. There are countless Tik Tok ideas to make a fun video with your family, friends, or even solo.
5. Read a Book (a few of my favorites):
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Crushing It by Gary Vaynerchuk
6. Netflix Show Binge
There are so many amazing series available on Netflix and some new ones (Love is Blind and Tiger King) that I have started with my boyfriend! Leave a comment below if you have any others to add to this list or your thoughts on the latest trending Netflix shows.
7. Plan a Fall Trip
There are so many amazing destinations you can visit, linking a few of my favorite trips so far:
8. Go for a Run
Running is one of my favorite ways to clear my mind. With the spring weather upon us, it is absolutely beautiful outside. Take advantage of this sunny weather to get some fresh air and get a few miles in.
9. Learn a New Skill
Have a side hustle, or want to start one? Use this time to learn a new skill on Skillshare – think YouTube for niche skill learning. You can use my code ‘igamb3597‘ for a two month free trial.
10. Watch a Movie
A few of my all-time favorites:
- Harry Potter Series
- The Proposal
- The Notebook
- The Imitation Game
- Pride & Prejudice
- The Count of Monte Cristo
11. Start a BLOG
Have you been dreaming about starting your own blog, but overwhelmed with not having enough time. Well now you HAVE TIME. Buckle down and start blogging. There are dozens of resources online with tips & tricks for starting your own blog. I personally am using BlueHost (mixed opinions if this is the best host but works for me), WordPress for designing, and I am using the Creativo Theme.
12. Spring Cleaning
Now is the time to clean out your closet to sell or donate clothes/shoes you no longer use. Selling options include:
- Plato’s Closet (small $$ potential but better than nothing – closed during Covid-19 but you can set aside for when they reopen)
- Thred Up – Online Consignment Store (provide you prepaid shipping label & will donate rest for you)
- Local Consignment Stores
- The Real Real (only take high end designer clothes)
- Poshmark – you can set up an account and sell online.
13. Play a Game
If you have roommates, this is a fun activity to do together. My family loves board games, so we always bring these out during vacations. Here are a few of our favorites games:
- Settlers of Catan – Slight learning curve but highly addicting once you get the hang of it. Think of this as an accelerated version of Monopoly. Great for groups of 3-5.
- Monopoly – Such a classic game. Great for a girls night with some healthy dip and wine.
- What do you Meme – Fun game to play with your roomies that will keep you laughing all night long.
- Risk – Great game to play with the family. Gender neutral and all about conquering the world.
- Backgammon – Great game for 2 players. You can also play on a tablet or phone with the app.
- Drawful – Online app that you connect to your TV. Such a fun game for groups around 5-6 and each person plays on their phone!
14. Get Crafty!
There are countless DIY Social Distance Activities to embrace during this time. Scrapbooking, painting, and digital photo books are some of my favorites. My sister has gotten into knitting and Macrame (make a dream catcher) which she highly recommends as a fun project to keep you busy.
15. Get Organized
Reorganize your Shelves – Whether this be in your closet, pantry, laundry room, etc – embrace this down time to GET ORGANIZED. There is no better feeling than a freshly organized space. The Container Store has a variety of organization tools to clean up your space.
Rearrange Furniture – Want to rearrange your bedroom, living room, etc? Now’s the time to move the furniture around for a new living space to spice things up in your home.
16. Spring Fashion
Self-care is so pivotal to maintain during this time. Start to develop a routine that can incorporate journaling, gratitude, meditation, bubble baths, face masks, etc.
18. Listen/Start a New Podcast
Have you been dreaming about starting your own podcast? Utilize this downtime to turn that dream into a reality. There are 1000s of resources online to help set you up for success such as this YouTube Video. If starting a podcast isn’t for you, there are countless podcasts you could listen to. The Skinny Confidential, Almost 30, Girls Gotta Eat, and The Balanced Blonde are a few of my favorites.
19. Start a YouTube Channel
I feel like a broken record but MAXIMIZE this social distancing activities time to pursue a side hustle you’ve been dreaming about. Starting a YouTube Channel is a great hobby that could even turn into a full time job. There are countless topics you could cover in your videos & this allows you to explore something you are incredibly passionate about. There are earning potentials of $7.6 per every thousand views.
20. Build a Fort
This is a silly, fun way to spend time with your roomies, family, siblings, etc. Whoever you are self quarantining with will love the chance to go back to your childhood days and build a decked out fort to hangout in during this isolation period.
I hope you enjoyed this roundup of 20 Social Distancing Activities to Stay Sane during this challenging time. Remember this is just a short phase of time in our hectic lives & take advantage of this down time to recharge, pursue a new hobby, or launch a side hustle you’ve been dreaming about for months/years.
Let me know which activity was your favorite!
Also, while you’re not enjoying social distancing activities from home during work hours, be sure to check out my post on 7 work from home tips to maximize productivity during these crazy times. Stay healthy everyone!